Thursday, January 8, 2015

The self-conscious 6th grader

This poem goes out to my little brother Carson

They used to call me fat
And tell me I could lose some weight
I used to say no shit
I'd come kick your ass but I have to finish my plate

It bugged me being bigger
It for sure hurt inside
But I always knew someday I'll thin up
And I'll have the hottest bride

Sure I was pretty typical
Brown, fat and dumb
But luckily I had no fear
For whatever may have come

So for you I tell you this
Shake the fucking dust
Never give up hope
And find friends you can trust

Because friends can mean a lot
They will always have your back
Even if they are halfway around the world
They will keep you on the right track

Carson I love you dearly
Keep your head up bro
You're only in sixth grade
The perfect time to let yourself go

You'll be tall dark and handsome
Soon I promise, you just wait
And you will grow up to be successful
And do something truly great

And when those people try to drag you down
When you're going in an upward direction
Politely give them this
And pay them no attention





2 comments:

  1. I really just love this. A lot. Seriously great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And your performance=prime. I really felt it.

      Delete